Wednesday, January 7, 2015

It sucks not having a phone

Earlier this week my Nexus 5 started acting odd whenever I would press the power button. Sometimes it would reset the phone as if it was stuck; sometimes it would shut off the screen, but then the lock screen would pop up again. It was pretty annoying.

Well today I sat down to eat my lunch and when I picked up my phone, it was off. That has been happening all week because of the tendency to shut down when I press the power button to shut off the display. But this time when I pressed the power button, nothing happened. I tried several times and held it for longer and longer durations, but it would not power up. So I finished my lunch and took it back to my desk. I connected a power cable and "Google" came on the screen for a couple of seconds, but then turned off for three seconds and restarted again. It continues to do this two seconds on, three seconds off repeatedly in a continuous cycle.

So I got on live chat with Google support, and Micheal D is setting me up with a refurb to replace this one. Hopefully they are in stock so I can get it tomorrow.

This is the second time I have needed a replacement. I miss my Nexus 4. That thing was perfect except for the lack of LTE.

I don't know if this is a Lollipop problem or something else. But I guess that's one more reason to dislike Lollipop. I guess Lollipop has a couple of nice features, but I still prefer KitKat overall.

I guess as long as this replacement phone lasts another year I'll be okay. I am done with grad school in November and then I'll have more disposable income again. Maybe I'll get a phablet at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment