Friday, September 18, 2015

Dumping the droid.

So I have to say, I pretty much hate Lollipop. My Note 4 ran fast and smooth on KitKat, but because of the Stagefright vulnerability, I had to update. Now I don't like my phone anymore. I still owe a lot of money for it, but I think I might sell it anyway.
I'm also getting a promotion and will be getting a work phone, which will probably be an iPhone 6. I have never owned an iOS device, so it might be a learning curve. But I'm so frustrated with Lillipop that I'm okay with that. I'm more motivated to learn a new system now.
As long as I can install Google Voice on the work phone, I don't really need a phone of my own. If I get fired, I will just pickup a cheap Android at that point.
So even if I sell the Note 4 for less than I owe, by dumping my T-Mobile plan I will still make out better in the end. I think this is the most sensible thing to do, but I am going to wait until I actually have the work phone and make sure I can use it the way I want to use it.

Okay. End of rant.

I was thinking of keeping both phones, but I've been trying not to need a personal cell phone anyway. All of my experiments with VOIP were attempts to accomplish the same thing. So now there is a way to do that by using Google Voice on my work phone. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment