Friday, November 1, 2013

FreedomPop Freedom Phone is in BETA!

Well I just received my invitation for the Freedom Phone beta test. I would have to shell out $105.99 to participate, so I'm going to pass. If I was not already in grad school with a big tuition bill hanging over my head then I might be more tempted. You can get 200 minutes a month for free, but I'm not sure if that is from Sprint voice service, or if it's some sort of WiFi calling. Sprint's coverage is not good up here in Minneapolis anyway.
I don't know anything about this phone though. Is it LTE? WiMax? I am assuming WiMax because if it was LTE, I think they'd be making a big deal about it. So it's an HTE Evo Design, but I don't know much beyond the few specs they list on their page:
CPU Speed MSM 8655 1.2GHz + SQN1210 (WIMAX)
Memory ROM 4GB eMMC, 8GB SDCard, RAM: 768MB
Camera SMP color CMOS with auto focus support 5 MP back camera, 1.3 MP forward facing
Connectivity Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed, WIFI: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, 3.5mm stereo audio jack. micro-USB
Battery 1520 mAh
So not exactly blazing fast, but 100 bucks with no contract? Sounds like a good tool for the right user.
Here are some screen shots from the email and the ordering page. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment