Saturday, November 23, 2013

Nexus 4 4.4

Last night my phone was updated to Android 4.4 KitKat. It seemed like it only took a few minutes to complete. I'm not able to tell if my phone is running any faster, but it's definitely not any slower.
The most noticeable differences is the lack of blue color for the data connection. They now remain grayed out even when connected with data. This is true of both cellular data and WiFi. It's annoying because I want to be able to see that status.
A couple more differences are on the lock screen. Now there is an icon to go straight to the camera, as well as something that makes it easier to bring up Google Now right from the lock screen.
I thought that this update would make the phone respond to the voice command "OK Google Now."  But it still only responds after I open Google Now by touching the box at the top of my home screen.
All in all the changes are very minor. Nothing to get anyone too excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment