Thursday, December 12, 2013

T-Mobile Refer-a-Friend follow-up - what's your time worth?

Good news! I was able to squeeze five hyphens into the title of the post! Even better news, I was able to take the promo card I received for the referral program down to the T-Mobile store and get them to apply the $25 to my account. I just had to pay sales tax on that $25 charge. It was good timing because tomorrow is when I will get charged my next $30 payment. But now I won't get charged anything because I still already had over $5 left and this promo card will put me over $30.

I have a T-Mobile store conveniently down the street from me, so it was not a big deal to go there. But if you don't, then is it worth the hassle? Also, it's not something they normally deal with, so don't be surprised if it confuses the employees at the store. The people who helped me were extremely helpful, but it still took a while.

Ultimately they were able to charge me $25 "direct to account," or something like that, and then I swiped the promo card before I swiped my check card. That took care of it and now I won't have to make a payment on my phone bill tomorrow. I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment