Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Skype: loud and clear

Did you know that you can call an 800 number with Skype, even if you don't have any credits in your account? I called my bank this morning with Skype (using the Skype app on my Nexus 4 phone) because I'm almost out of minutes from T-Mobile. The woman who answered said she had no problem hearing me. I was at home on WiFi at the time. This afternoon at work I called myself to test the line and I could hear myself load and clear. No delay at all, and no echo. That was not on WiFi, so I was on the cellular data connection. After messing around with all of those other VOIP apps, and even spending money on some, it was downright shocking to hear how good the connection sounded. I am now considering a subscription and a Skype number, so I can forward Google Voice to it. But I need to sleep on it, and probably experiment some more first.

No comments:

Post a Comment