Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Skype trial

For the moment I am just going to try Skype for one month. A month of unlimited minutes is only $2.99, so it's worth the risk. For now I am not going to sign up for a Skype number, but if the service is good then I will consider a Skype number in the future. Since I do have 100 minutes from T-Mobile, I will still use them for my incoming calls, and then just make all the outbound calls on Skype. Within the hour my caller ID will begin showing my cell phone number when I make calls with Skype. That's free and I don't need a Skype number for it to work. So in a few weeks I will decide if this is the finally solution or if I am better off just paying by the minute for extra minutes from T-Mo.

With the future of Google Voice being so uncertain, I also hope Skype is my alternative to that. If the service is ever discontinued or gets too pricey, I might just get a Skype number and give that to all my friends as my new phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment