Wednesday, July 17, 2013

So frustrating!

Last night I finally broke down and ordered a Nexus 4. I was all set to go to Costco and buy a GS4 on AT&T. But I am a capitalist, and I vote with my dollar. AT&T's "NEXT" program is insulting to the intelligence of anyone who made it past 3rd grade math class. And I hate the idea of getting into a two year contract with AT&T anyway.

So all that to say, I checked on that $30 prepaid plan from T-Mobile to verify that it's still available. Looks like it is, so I ordered a SIM from them and the N4 from the Google Play store. This morning I received a shipping notice with a tracking number on it already. And of course half an hour ago, the announcement comes out that Google is having an event next week:
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-57594154-251/google-event-next-week-could-usher-android-update/

Yes, we all knew that something was rumored to happen in July. It's just funny that the DAY AFTER my order was placed, this announcement came out. $350 is still a great price on a new smart phone, and hopefully I can hack the LTE antenna on the N4. And maybe they won't even announce any devices. Maybe it's just the new version of Android. Or it's still possible that only the Nexus tablets are getting updated. Google has been giving the impression that they're getting out of the phone business. Plus it's all for the best because I truly need a real phone. So it's good that I didn't procrastinate any longer. And if they do release a new phone and it's just completely mind-blowing, I can still buy it and move my SIM card over.

By the way, I am still loving my Nexus 7 tablet. It's great! It just doesn't work well as a phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment