Thursday, May 30, 2013

Calling on 3G

Today was a busy day at work but then after 4 pm the calls just stopped. That happens sometimes but usually on a Thursday I will still get a couple of calls after 4 pm. But just to make sure the office phone was not having another outage or something, I called our 800 number from my cell phone.

My Overdrive Pro only has a 3G connection right now, but it does have 4 bars. My goal was just to make sure it would ring through to my desk. Which it did. But to my surprise I could actually hear myself clearly on both ends. There was a slight delay, but not any worse than a normal cell phone call.

So, once again using Google Voice via GrooVe IP, and doing that over the FreedomPop network, I actually successfully made a call while on 3G. So that's pretty cool! I'm still looking forward to the LTE roll out and better coverage, but this is good news for the time being. Maybe I will be more brave in the future when I have a strong 3G signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment