Wednesday, May 22, 2013

FreedomPop - growing pains.

I think FreedomPop is a victim of their own success. They seem to be overwhelmed at the moment. First it took them about two weeks to ship the Overdrive Pro, so it was about two and half weeks by the time I received it. I responded to that automated message with a question about delivery, and it took them a couple of days to respond.
Now when I go look at my account I get an error message that says my account is suspended because of a billing problem, and I need to enter a new credit card. Well they were able to bill me for the Overdrive Pro before they shipped it, so it seems to work just fine. I happen to have a second check card with a different number, so I changed to that number and the error is still there. But they have not cut off my service anyway. So I guess my account is not suspended and that whole message is just an error. I sent a screenshot to their customer service and hopefully I will hear back from them soon.
The other thing that's uncertain is how accurate the accounting is for the amount of data I have used. It says I've used 141 MB, as of the end of yesterday. That may be correct, but it seems low. The numbers displayed on the device seem a lot higher, but that may just be a bad perception on my part. Because I have 3 GB of data to use, and only a week left to use it, I've been trying to use it a lot. But it could be that I just don't have a fast enough connection to use tons of data. I'm actually starting to think that I might downgrade to the 500 MB "Pro" plan because it's only $4/month. But I'll see how much I am able to burn through in the next week, and then see how much of the 2 GB I am able to use next month.
I just logged in to my account again, and the error message seems to be gone. It was there for a day or two, but hopefully this means it's corrected now.

No comments:

Post a Comment