Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Milwaukee

Well if you live in Milwaukee, FreedomPop probably won't work for you. At least for now. I was there over the weekend and never saw a 4G signal even once. So it served the purpose of letting me use Google Voice for text messaging, but not for phone calls. That was good enough for me, but it would not really be a good thing for someone who lived there.

Interestingly enough, Wisconsin Dells had 4G. But I guess that makes sense because it's a touristy place and a lot of different Sprint customers would use their WiMax 4G there. I stopped at Culvers on my drive down and I thought about making a call to see how it worked, but I wanted to get back on the road so I didn't test it. Most of the entire stretch of I-94 in Wisconsin had 3G coverage, with only one blackout south of Eau Claire. I drove I-94 all the way from Hudson to Oak Creek (south side of Milwaukee).

On a side note, I got 40 mpg in my Sonata on the drive home. So that was pretty exciting. Best mileage I've ever seen with this car. It has Bluetooth built in to the radio, but the Droid Bionic runs really slowly when connected to Bluetooth, so I've been leaving it disabled on the Bionic lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment