Monday, June 24, 2013

Patience

It can be hard to wait for things. I keep thinking about buying a Nexus 7, but it's almost July and I hear tell that Google will be releasing the sequel to the N7 in July. I hope that's true. There have been some nice sales on new and refurbished N7 tablets, sometimes as much as $50 off. It's hard to resist but I keep telling myself that the new one will be here soon!

I'm also waiting to see what the Freedom Phone is all about. On June 5th, FreedomPop posted to their blog, "Our game changing service comes with a guaranteed 500MBs of free 4G data, 200 voice minutes and unlimited text messaging, not to mention free unlimited calling between FreedomPop users. It will also, be available on a several popular Android phones." But since then there have not been any more details. They just say it's coming "later this summer." Whatever that means.

My scheme to ditch Verizon works great, as long as you only want to send and receive text messages. And only SMS for that matter, not MMS. If someone sends me a photo it does not even tell anyone that a message was rejected. I'm getting impatient for the Freedom Phone because I don't need a phone, until I need one. Then it's annoying because the VOIP system isn't really working for me.

Of course I could always try using Skype instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment