Friday, August 16, 2013

Motivation

I built my first computer in 2002. At the time I was working at a place that sold computers. We were given some training on computers and it got me all excited. I also was living with a friend who had built his own computer in the past. So I ordered a bunch of components and built my first PC. Athlon XP processor, Windows XP, etc. Very exciting.

Now I am about to take an accounting class. We have some reading due the first day, so I'm getting an early start on it. As I read about balance sheets and income statements, I noticed a growing desire to reduce my expenses. Then I remembered that I already had that desire. My whole experiment with my cell phone, or lack there of, has been motivated by the desire to reduce my expenses.

Since then I've also reduced the bill for my DSL connection at home. I would cut it completely but I promised my renters, in writing, that I would provide high speed WiFi for them.

Now if I could just bring myself to sell my new car, and get something old and cheap, then I'd really be making a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment