Monday, August 12, 2013

Skype is working better than expected.

This weekend I used Skype while I was out driving around. I drove from the outer northern suburbs in to Minneapolis, about 20 miles, and my call stayed connected the entire time. I had assumed that the call would drop when I switched towers, but it never dropped. There were a couple of times that it got a little bit choppy. I am assuming I had a weaker data connection at those times. I also used it when driving on the south end of town and it worked well there too. I was not covering the same 20 mile distance as the previous time, but it was still nice to be able to rely on it. I'm so happy with it that I am considering a Skype number. So far I have just been letting incoming calls go to voicemail and then calling back right away. It might just be worth it to have that Skype number so I can skip the extra step. But for now I plan to sign up for multiple months of Skype phone service so I can save a few more dollars off the already bargain price of $3/month.

It's going to take me about 10 months to make up for the $400 I spent on the Nexus 4. I'm going to be keeping an eye on T-Mo's LTE rollout and I'll probably be shopping for an LTE phone in the future. Maybe an S4 or HTC One after the prices come down some more. Especially if I can find a good deal on a used one.

No comments:

Post a Comment